Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raphael, Entrepreneur

Ever since I was a kid, I never really believed in fate. I felt that it would only me a sense of helplessness. And that it would become one of my reasons when I feel like giving up on something. Yes, i liked the power that this belief brought me. I wouldn't say that I'm destined for greatness or that I'm bound to become really wealthy. I just know it. I feel it. And never did I doubt it.

After I graduated from college, i chose to serve my HS Alma mater as a guidance counselor. I liked what I was doing. It was tiring, but it was fun and I was able to help a lot of people as well. I became an employee for less than a year. Why did I resign? I don't know. I just felt like it. I wanted to start building my business empire. But did I? No. I didn't.

After that job, I became a recruiter, another helping profession. I worked with a team. I was learning new things. I got to meet new people. It was really fun and exciting. I was offered a regular position in less than 6 months.

I received an invite in Friendster regarding a course on wealth creation from a person I don't even know. I even asked a friend of mine whether I should go or not. She told me to try it out since it's for free. I filed vacation leaves for 4 Fridays of April, the company granted two. The Person and I were supposed to meet at around 3PM inside Starbucks, Pearl Drive. I didn't know the place, got lost, and was able to find it by 3:10PM. I sent The Person a message, apologizing, but I didn't receive a reply. I waited until 3:45PM, still no reply. So, I decided to go to my girlfriend instead. Thirty to forty minutes later, midway Greenhills, The Person called and told me that he was on his way to Starbucks. He mistakenly sent the new schedule to another Raphael so I was left uninformed. Guess what? I went back. And it was well worth it.

My documents for regularization were being processed the week after that. Two days after I signed my regularization papers, I filed my resignation. Why? I decided to reach for my dreams. And in order to strengthen my desire, i burned my boat. I created my POINT OF NO RETURN.

That is how CreateAbundance2020 affected me. It recreated the dreams that I had lost when I was growing up. It erased the word "impossible" from my dictionary. It made me realize a lot of things about wealth, life, success, desire, and relationships. Create Abundance is not just a business school. It's a school of life.

Fate didn't bring this to me. I brought it upon myself.

No comments: